Friday, October 25, 2013

The First OSR Compatible Product!

You can now download the first ever OSR Compatible product. For Gold & Glory by Justen Brown is a 2e retroclone, reproducing the edition that defined most of my high school gaming. I've just downloaded it and skimmed it a bit, and the art is delightfully DIY (still better than the 1995 reissue art) while the system distills everything essential from the 2e PHB and DMG into a 318 page book.

The OSR Compatible website has been updated with a Products page that lists FG&G and will include all future OSR Compatible products. Also, Dan Hyland who did the layout on this book also did a .svg vector graphics version of the OSR Compatible logo, now available on the logo page.

3 comments:

  1. Damn! I missed out. I could have put Eldritch Witchery up as the first one. I even used a variation of the logo. Ok I better re-read on what "OSR Compatible" means and whether or not my book could qualify.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks for the kind words! I don't know about my artwork being "delightfully DIY", though--I'd go with "amateur at best".

    Please note that this version of For Gold & Glory is still a work in progress. I'm continually adding art and I'm working on a bestiary from Justen's early drafts, so there's still a lot to be done. I'll keep updating the .pdf on lulu.com as I make progress, though. Since I'll always keep the .pdf copy free, I figure that the old "release early, release often" credo applies here.

    When I feel happy enough with it to call it finished, I'll make it available for print on demand. But who knows when that'll be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried downloading it twice, but each time I only got part of the pdf (it should be bigger than 862K, right?) and a message from Acrobat Reader that it was damaged and could not be opened.

    Thought you'd want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than two days will not appear until approved.